SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 15, 2018

From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." -Ann Wigmore-
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad

If you asked me five years ago what i really think about salad, i might be screaming and punching you in the face. Or just simply puking because i didn't like it, even the name.

The only salad i ate back then was this confusing salad from Pizza Hut that contained mayo, a few tablespoon of greens, corn, jelly, fruits, egg, croutons, macaroni, potato and so. That doesn't count as healthy food, more of a party in your mouth but hell in your belly.
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Salad

It never crossed my mind that i would someday change my lifestyle and turned into a healthy food lover. But tbh, if i could turn back time, i will definitely become one at a very young age, coz i pay the price now...goddamit!!
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Avocado
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Toast

A year ago, i went to the obgyn for a fertility check up and found out that i've gained 10 kg for like months of being married. I was so devastated. I was 46 kg since forever, even when i ate too much my weight wasn't constantly change.
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Bibimbap

From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Salad

Then people i know started to tell me that i look fat, blah blah blah. I hated myself...i cried when i'm looking at the mirror and realized that my belly is so huge...like a 6 months old pregnant lady. And i wasn't even pregnant yet.

That was the turning point when i said to myself that we need to try things differently. Where to begin?
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Nice Cream

From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Nice Cream Strawberry

Eating a huge bucket of french fries with a cup of ice cream, fried foods, food with santan (coconut milk), big ooey gooeeeey fatty food, sweets, baked goods, no vegetables, no fruits, more artificial sugar in a bottled drink, soft drinks...
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Vegan Pasta

From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Stir Fried Green Bean

Yes....i ate those stuff for years, even since i was a little kid. FYI i drank like 6 bottles of cola in just 3 hours when i was a kid. When i think about it again, i'm so sure that even my parents have no idea that cola is dangerous so they let me drank those stuff.

If you guys are like me, please read this not so long post because i want you to get up and change your way of eating.

Indulging ourselves with some delicious stuff is a must. You don't have to go through a fucking horrible diet or become a vegan instantly without filling your brain with knowledges. It's as horrible as eating junk food all the time. You are killing yourself slowly.
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Smoothie Bowl

From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Avocado Toast

All you have to do to get a healthier life is to balance things out. Eat less artificial sugar, change it with the natural one. Like maple syrup, a bit of honey, stevia, sugar from fruits like dates, banana, mango and so.

Change your favorit drink from minimarket into a homemade smoothie (3fruits, 2veggies) or just drink mineral water all the time.

You love fried chicken? Eat it two times a week but don't forget to fill your body with more vegetables, fruits and legumes.
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Green Smoothie

From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Healthy Pancake

When i started to eat healthier food, i didn't see a huge transformation with my body. Well that's another case because i rarely working out ;p and i was mad at myself. But after a few months, a little goes a long way, i begin to love my body. I accept it the way it is. I'm still struggling sometimes, because when my depression is arrived, i will for sure starting to hate my body again.
From Junk Food Addiction to a Bowl of Greens Salad - Berry Nice Cream

Still hard to make sure that i'm okay. But i'm a normal human being, and that's life. Now i enjoy food more than ever. Veggies, Fruits, Seeds, sometimes desserts. Not trying to torture myself, but i listen to my body more often. Thank God we both are so fucking cooperative.

Now a bowl of healthy salad is no longer an enemy in my head. My adventure with healthy cuisine is not stopping yet, there are still so many recipes i want to try and hopefully i could level up my healthy cooking skill. Starting to get bored with soup and pasta ;p

Love,


Allysa

Post a Comment